Do you find yourself struggling each day to get out of bed? Do you have increased breathing throughout the day or even find your self dozing off in the afternoon? Or do you just find yourself exhausted when you lay down at night but then find yourself staring at the ceiling for hours? Is there any help for sleep disorders? Is there any hope in getting a good night of sleep?
We love the helpful check list offered by Help Guide to see if you might struggle with a sleep disorder. The more you answer “yes” the more likely you might have a sleep disorder.
Is it a sleep disorder?
- feel irritable or sleepy during the day?
- have difficulty staying awake when sitting still, watching television or reading?
- fall asleep or feel very tired while driving?
- have difficulty concentrating?
- often get told by others that you look tired?
- react slowly?
- have trouble controlling your emotions?
- feel like you have to take a nap almost every day?
- require caffeinated beverages to keep yourself going?
Project Sleep lists some of the common sleep disorders:
- Circadian Rhythm Sleep-Wake Disorders
- Idiopathic Hypersomnia
- Kleine-Levin Syndrome (KLS)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
Is There Help for Sleep Disorders?
Yes! If your condition is severe we recommend first visiting a Board Certified Sleep Specialist. Also, start to educate yourself and work on some simple helpful tips on getting better sleep. We love Ariana Huffington’s book, The Sleep Revolution and her helpful 12 Tips For Better Sleep (Download).
Our good friend, The Sleep Doctor, Michael J. Breus we think is the leading expert on getting better sleep. He is currently offering a free e-book, 10 Things Great Sleepers Do.
It never hurts as well to make sure you have the proper sleep products that fit your body type and sleep style. Here is a list of resources and coming soon items:
- How to Shop for a Mattress
- What is the Best Pillow for You?
- EverSheets: 100% Natural Bamboo Sheets – Coming soon at Infinitemoon
- EverComfort: 100% Organic Cotton Kapok Filled Comforter – Coming Soon at Infinitemoon
- EverRelief: Natural Acupressure pillow and mat – Coming Soon at Infinitemoon
- EverProtect: Cooling Tencel Mattress Protector – Coming Soon at Infinitemoon
We want you to get help for Sleep Disorders. We “Dream”(pun intended) for mornings when you wake up, feeling rested, energy for your day’s challenges, alertness for the many activities and relationships that will pass through your day and when you lay down a smile on your face and “aaahh” in your mind when you quickly fall asleep.